Welcome to the County Clerk's Office page, from the Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello, Esq.
I am pleased to be able to provide you with a brief description of the broad range of services offered by the Clerk's Office, along with a number of forms to obtain these services that can be easily downloaded.
The County Clerk's Office offers many services that Mercer residents and businesses use every day. It is the Clerk's Office that files and records all documents concerning real estate ownership and transfer; registers small business trade names, processes U.S. passport applications; processes and issues County and Veteran identification cards and swears in notary public applicants. Early in my administration we also began offering photos for people seeking passports and County and Veteran ID cards as well, for public convenience. The County Clerk also has certain election responsibilities including the printing of ballots, counting of votes cast by electronic machines and the issuance of vote-by-mail ballots. In fact, we post election results for you on this website. Lastly, the Clerk is empowered to perform marriage ceremonies. We offer passport services with extended hours at our Trenton office and at the County's satellite office, the Mercer County Connection, located in the Hamilton Square Shopping Center, Route 33 and Paxson Avenue, Hamilton Township.
Please stop by and visit us and see how the Mercer County Clerk's Office can be of service to you. Currently, we are located at 240 West State Street in Trenton but will relocate back to our permanent location in August, 2018. My staff and I are here to serve you. Our top priority is that you, Mercer County residents and businesses, receive what you pay for in excellent government service.
All the best,
Paula Sollami Covello
Mercer County Clerk
*Vote tallies are never final and official until the Board of Elections counts the provisional ballots and questionable VBM ballots.
- 2018 Lawrence Proposal Question - Detailed Results
- 2018 Lawrence Proposal Question - Summary Results
- 2018 Mercer County Elections and Deadlines
- 2017 GENERAL ELECTION DETAILED FINAL RESULTS
- 2017 GENERAL ELECTION SUMMARY FINAL RESULTS
- 2017 VOTE MAIL INITIATIVE
- Vote By Mail applications to arrive to voters soon!
- Vote By Mail for College Students
- Vote by Mail FAQ (English)
- Vote by Mail FAQ (Spanish)
- Mercer County Clerk Division of Elections
- Vote-By-Mail application
- NJ Division of Election Site
- Overseas Voters
- Important Information Regarding Primary Voting
*More information on Elections can be found if you click Elections link on left.
Recent Office News
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Change in Passport Processing Fees
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello Applauds Legislators on Passage of Bill Preventing Deed Solicitation
- Educational Class for Notary Publics 2018
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Technology Upgrade for legacy search system
- Mercer County Clerk Announces NJ Notary Oath nights for 2018
- IMPORTANT RECORDING NOTICE - EFFECTIVE JULY 3
- IMPORTANT NEWS - REQUIRED COVER SHEET
- NEW Recording Cover Page (Standard PDF)
- NEW Fillable Cover Page (NJCountyRecording.com)
- Spring 2017 Newsletter
- February 7, 2017 - Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello Urges Citizens to Obtain Passports in Light of Recent Executive Orders
- January 25, 2017 - County Clerk Congratulates Senator Turner on Senate Passage of Her Bill CRACKING DOWN ON MISLEADING DEED SOLICITATIONS
- As of January 2, 2017 E filing Recording Fee Change
- Announcing Property Fraud Alert Service
- County Clerk's Office has MOVED!
- Electronic Filing of Notary Oaths
- 2014/2015 Winter Newsletter